2-Pack: Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Toothbrush with 6 Heads
- Sure, it’s on the pricier side for us, but it’s also a 2-PACK.
- Not to mention, it’s basically the shmanciest electric toothbrush there is, made by a brand everyone knows.
- 5 modes include: Clean, White, Sensitive, Gum Care, and Deep Clean.
- This thing really goes to work on plaque. And when I typed that I almost accidentally said ‘plague.’ So maybe… it’s like the plague but for plaque?
- Ugh. No.
- You get the 2 handles, the 2 charging glasses and USB charging cases, the 3 Adaptive Clean brush heads, and 3 DiamondClean brush heads.
- Trust us: these are really, really good.
- Model: HX9356/39, because it’s like a HeX for mouth bacteria. Sorry. It’s Monday.
The Hygienist Speaks
Hi, it’s me. Your dental hygienist. There’s something I need to get off my chest.
First of all, I know how you talk about our time together. “Oh, it’s torture,” you say. “Getting my gums poked and prodded, all the scraping, the taste of the polish–I can’t stand it!”
Well, I got some news for you: I’m not the world’s biggest fan of when you come in either, buddy.
What? Is that a surprise? You think I should be pumped to be rooting around among your cuspids, pulling out popcorn husks that predate the Reagan era? You think I enjoy unearthing cavities that call to mind the Mariana Trench?
Which is to say nothing of the smell. Oh, the SMELL!
Here’s a little thought experiment: let’s pretend you went grocery shopping, and you bought some meat, but instead of putting in a refrigerator, you shredded it into tiny pieces and left it inside a big 98 degree box for, I don’t know, three days?
That’s what some of you are doing in your mouth. In other words: it’s not exactly a lavender farm in there. And that mask I wear? It’s thin.
What I’m getting at is this: you know how at the end of every visit, when I give you the free toothbrush but tell you that you really really–like, REALLY–should invest in a good electric one? Such as these Phillips Sonicares Meh is selling today, maybe? Something that can eradicate plaque with one of its five modes including ‘Deep Clean’ for all those hard-to-reach trouble spots?
When I say that, it’s not just because I’m some dental tech elitist. It’s because I want what’s best. For you. And for me. And honestly for my kids, so when I tuck them in at night I can look them in the eye and say, “The world is a good place, full of people who care.”
Dramatic? Sure. But you’d be dramatic too if you’d seen some of the stuff I’ve seen.
And yes, for the record, this is a larger price tag than you often see here on this site, but remember:
- You get two of them;
- They’re pretty much the fanciest kind around; and
- It’s a super-trusted brand.
So get them, okay? For everybody’s sake.