December Community Video Event: Sing Loud For All To Hear!
It’s practically Christmas time! We may have built our entire identity around being ambivalent towards everything, but that doesn’t have to include the most wonderful time of the year.
So maybe you’re feeling like this:
But you should be feeling like this:
And the best way to do that is to sing together as a community!
And obviously we can’t just sing any song. We’re going to sing the best Christmas song there is:
THE TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS.
All you need to do is post a video of yourself singing a line from literally everyone’s favorite song, The Twelve Days Of Christmas, but replace the “gift” (if you can even call it that) with something that Meh has given you (in exchange for your money).
For example, “Eight Maids-A-Milking” could be changed to “Eight Duncans Grooving”
Want to dress up? Go for it! Did you actually buy the thing you’re singing about (which is not a prerequisite)? Show it off! You don’t need to sound good, you just need to supply the voice and we’ll supply the tune. Seriously though, have you seen our staff sing? The bar is low.
- Final entries are due December 12th!
- Check this link out to see what has already been taken. We only need two Eleventh days, but we’ll need twelve First Days
- Skip the “On the X day of Christmas my true love gave to me…” bit and jump right into the chorus (eg: “Eight Duncans Grooving”)
- No music, just your voice
- Sign up for your days here. Feel free to select multiple days, but try to limit yourself to six. (If you do multiple, you can keep them in the same video or mix it up, is up to you!)
- Bonus points for festive costume and set design (but please don’t feel like it is necessary, participation is all we truly ask for)
- Bonus bonus points for picking items that others haven’t (every day shouldn’t be speaker docks and candy corn)
- Keep your pants on
We’re obviously going to be using these so make sure you’re okay with having a video of you singing on a dumb ecommerce site (Santa’s beard and hat can be very disguising).
Post your video on YouTube so they embed properly and we can download them. If you don’t know how check this out.
What’s in it for me?
- Wonderful holiday cheer? Y’know, it’s the season of giving, not taking. But we will have prizes (I promise!). If you participate, I will personally scavenge the warehouse for special prizes just for you, and I’ll ship it to you (I promise!).
- All participants will also get a super-exclusive temporary Forum Badge that will take priority over all other badges (except goat) for one month.
Here’s an example!
- 32 comments, 51 replies