Sentry uses Advanced Motion Detection to only capture the motion of people, so you will only receive notifications that are relevant
Real 2-way Audio
Monitor your front door in vivid color and clarity, even at night
You can also switch back to regular black-and-white night vision
Cloud & Local Storage
Always know whether it’s a stranger or a familiar person at the door with Sentry’s Facial Recognition
When a package is delivered to your door, Sentry will automatically notify you, so you don’t need to worry about when your packages are delivered
You can choose to store video clips on the cloud for up to 30 days(1) or store them locally with a micro SD card up to 128GB(2)
– 1) Bosma Assist subscription required
– 2) Micro SD card sold separately
Sentry protects your packages when you’re away
When Sentry detects that someone is stealing your package, it can automatically sound its built-in 100dB siren to scare off the thief
Connect Sentry with Bosma Aegis smart lock and many other peripheral sensors to build a truly smart home
Unlock your door with your fingerprint
Sentry can attach a fingerprint module that works with the BOSMA Aegis smart lock to enable fingerprint access to your door.
The fingerprint module also allows you to remotely unlock the door for your guests or family members and manage guest access.
Sentry Fingerprint module required
Product Dimensions: 6.5 in x 4.5 in x 2.2 in
Weight: 0.75 lb
1080p video with 180° Super Wide Angle
Requires 8-24V AC doorbell wiring without chime (16-24V with chime) 30VA or above
These and others are hardwired because 95% are replacing a hardwired doorbell button. In that case, don’t have to worry about batteries, probably uses the existing chime already on the wall, and it’s cheaper with less parts. The other 5% are needing something more specialized, and so more expensive if it has the same features.
@kevinrs Odd to me that the second product image appears to be of a hotel-room door. IIRC, every one of the hotel rooms I’ve stayed in didn’t have a doorbell and even if they did, I don’t think the hotel would appreciate my fastening this device to their wall. Since this is app-dependent, seems like a big roll of the dice that Bosma will continue to make updates of their app to support, at a minimum, OS updates on mobile devices. (If I’m honest, I came here for the “srsly?! what is this [crud]?!” posts which I guess are forthcoming.
Around here that something more specialized would be having it be able to pull out a gun and then in a really threatening male voice tell the intruder to get the fuck off their property. Now. It seems like half the ring doorbell videos people post on nextdoor are of others stealing off their porches, checking car doors to see if they are locked…