Look Smart Trivia: Indian Food
OK, OK, “Indian food” doesn’t really exist. We’re talking about a country with 22 officially recognized languages, stretching from frozen peaks to sun-baked deserts to steaming river deltas, with thousands of years of cultural evolution behind it. There’s no more something called “Indian food” than there is a “European food”. So I’ll just say that all of these treats are popular among some people in some regions of India. The first player to name all five will win a $5 Meh coupon, which is useful but tastes terrible. Insert signoff catchphrase here!
- Fritz Kreisler, violinist who claimed that several of his compositions were actually written by famous composers of the past, c. 1900-1935
- Bill English, who claimed to be Billie Thomas, who played Buckwheat in the Little Rascals films, 1990
- Football scores including the fictional Plainfield Teachers college, 1941
- Alan Sokal, who published an intentionally nonsensical article in the journal Social Text in 1996
- The cover of I, Libertine, a nonexistent novel that radio host Jean Shepard organized his listeners to request from bookstores, and which was later written and published for real, 1956
- 9 comments, 8 replies