April 7 2020 One week gone.

chienfou went on a bit of a rant said

Well, the first week of my reign (is that the preferred term?) as goat is now ending. To recap, so far we have visited
4/1 smartassery
4/2 vehicles owned
4/3 residences
4/4 stay at home orders
4/5 gas prices
4/6 jobs/careers
Today I went back to work in the ER at our local community hospital expecting a total shitstorm of COVID patients. Lo and behold… they didn’t materialize, so at least here we seem to have done a good job of flattening the curve. The next few days will be a test of how well that works, and locally they are enacting a curfew from 2200 to 0500 every night starting tonight.
Hopefully your jurisdiction is also getting a handle on social distancing, work from home, stay-at-home orders, curfews and quarantines.
Today’s topic for discussion:
How often are you going out from the house to grocery shop etc. compared to pre-COVID times?
I typically would go shopping at least a couple of times a week since I almost never remembered to get everything I needed, or just wanted to go get something fresh for dinner… maybe that’s a hold over from my time in Europe where you bought things like bread daily. Now I am trying to make it a once a week thing, though I have been stopping on the way to work if I need something. I am not much of a shopper, so if I need something I am in and out of the store in a matter of a few minutes even on a good day…