@Rstoker-Right, you have to place a drip pan, or whatever under it because the jokers who invented/mnfctrd these damned so-called good ideas didn’t think that far!! The Fn silicon probably melts too because it’s made outta BS material!! Please, don’t even think about reprimanding me on this because I buy crap all the time, not just from meh, that lasts only 3-5 months, or ONE FUCKING MONTH!!
@PhysAssist, not at all, aggro & bitter. I was relaxed & said 99% of it jokingly, the other 1%, I tried to finish my reply as I scratched my right buttock, LOL!! I think you just read this shit with Your aggro & bitter attitude. So like this chic character on SNL used to say, just, “Simmer down now, simmer!” Drink a beer, man & chill out. I’ve lost more money playing 21, or the fn Slots, than I lose all year on online stuff & some of this crap on meh is pretty fn cool stuff. I just like to whine sos they don’t get a big head & really sell us some CHEAP SHIT! [Don’t let the big letters fool you, it just takes tappin the right arrow–>^, no biggy].
@shahnm Watch the way you use all CAPS on this platform because some of these guys think you gotta be MAD, or in some stage of the HULK, so JSYK, man & watch these too cause you’re about to go into a rant if they see these >!!< !
@shahnm-WHAT IN THE FREAKIN FUCK DO YOU MEAN ‘WHAT’?¿!! DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THE ENGLISH LEXICON?¿!! DO NOT REPLY & TAP ‘Say it’ EITHER!¡! JSYK, This is my attempt at humor, so if it’s not that funny, please, don’t get on my case till after I take my meds tomorrow, @ 10ish AM CST, OKAY!!
I’d be interested in this if I didn’t already have an air fryer – which I love – AND it has a dishwasher-safe built-in pan to catch anything that drips. It’s nice being able to heat (or re-heat) stuff without it getting all soggy like Microwaves tend to do.
But, if you don’t have an air fryer, you could get this much-cheaper item and use it with your oven or toaster oven for (probably) similar results.
@Bandrik We use our convection oven to reheat anything we want to retain [or regain] its crispiness- e.g., french fries, pizza [both of these we might spritz with a little olive oil first], rolls and bagels [these we gently moisten with water first].
@Officepot You know, metal in a microwave isn’t always a bad idea. I once had a microwave that came with a metal dunnage shelf so you can have two layers of food cooking simultaneously.
A lot of energy goes through that microwave so your metal needs to be heavy gauge (not aluminum foil) and not have any spikes like what you would have on a fork. So a fork in the microwave is a bad idea but a spoon is fine.
haha, no fuckin way. looks terrible to try to clean (i don’t have a dishwasher) and the problem with “just put a sheet pan under it” is that you still then have to scrub the grates it’s sitting on. i have a rack that fits on a sheet pan, i’ll stick with that. (also, if you try to cook a big pile of fries like that you’re gonna have crispy ones at the edge and soggy ones in the middle.)
So Amazon reviews are essentially 1 or 4-5 stars. And the 1s are all along the lines of, “Smells horrible, transfers to food, sets off smoke alarms,” like there’s some kind of film or material on the them? And all the 4-5 stars are saying they’re great, nothing other than small issues like the mesh being soft and not rigid, no feet on the bottom, etc.
I’m reallllllly wondering if the item comes wrapped in plastic or something and some people just missed it before use, but there’s one reviewer saying he dishwashed and soaked in the sink and it didn’t help… not that plastic would necessarily come off in either of those circumstances but I’d think it’d be tough to miss it on there at that point.
Can anyone comment in regards to this whole wall o’ text?
Can’t rely on the Amazon reviews. Most are fake these days. I use FAKESPOT to analyze the item for sale before deciding. That being said, they are non-stick and I’ve given up all my non-stick items long ago. I’d consider these if they were ceramic.
If you’re going to have to place a drip pan below… and you’re going to get the grate dirty anyway… then why not just put the food right on the grate? “For tiny things” you say? Put it on tin foil that you poked a bunch of holes in. “But it’s nonstick”… spray some Pam on the tin foil.
I text you and have yet to hear from you.I have always received my packages.The 2 crisper were never delivered.Tracking said no such address.I text you on Wed morning.No reply.Please just refund my money.Really disappointed in you. (Personal info edited out.)JUST PUT IT BACK ON MY CARD ON FILE.