For-2-nately (no... 4/2/20)

chienfou went on a bit of a rant said

OK, so… Day 2
I got to go into town the big city yesterday. Had to go bail out SWMBO’s Honda Fit from the shop. About a month ago we had the motor changed after it developed a tappet tick when she blew a spark plug out of its hole. We left it alone for a while, but the tapping was getting louder (ala Edgar Allen Poe) so we decided to go ahead and swap out the motor. Our mechanic found a good one (?) and made the swap for us. 6 months warranty on the engine, 12 months on the labor.
Made a trip to Nashville and then down to Orlando (this was in Jan., pre-COVID travel bans) and on the way back home to central AL from Mickey-land the cruise control suddenly quit working. About 35 miles later, after getting off I-10 we stopped at a light and the oil light came on… Uhoh! Pulled into the Dollar General diagonally across the intersection, popped the hood and checked the dipstick. Yep, no oil on the stick… Dammit!
Bought a couple of quarts of oil, poured them in and re-checked the level… Still down one! Topped it off, then headed home (another 125 miles or so). Found that the cruise worked fine (guess it was trying to tell us something).
Took it in to get it checked and they found a leak at the oil pan and fixed that. It all seemed fine for a few hundred miles, then I checked it again and… down a quart. CRAP!! We were headed to Cumberland Island to go camping with the grandkids (a story for another time) so we went ahead, keeping a closer eye on the oil.
Got back home with no problem, then dumped off the car again. Wife headed to St. George Island for 10 days, I went to work. They used the time to put some dye in the oil and track down another leak which they repaired… under warranty. So now we are back to a 2 car household, and life is good tolerable.
I blame myself for not checking it out better after we got it back the first time ( I can do that, right?)

TL:DR Which brings us to today’s topic (see how I did that??)
How many cars/trucks/suvs/vans have you owned in your lifetime.
Personally, I am at 18 (at least the ones I could think of when I tried to list them all) and counting. This list goes back over 47 years, and includes ‘shared’ vehicles with my spouse. I figure I have close to a million driving miles to date in the past 50 years.
Chevy Impala
Dodge Tradesman 200 Van
Subaru sedan
Fiat Sedan
El Camino
Subaru wagon
Plymouth Reliant
Datsun Pickup (#1)
Dodge Caravan
Mercury Tracer Wagon
Datsun Pickup (#2)
Ford Aerostar
Isuzu pickup
Geo Metro Convertible
Pontiac Firebird Convertible
Honda Civic
Pontiac Vibe
Honda Fit

BTW
NONE of those were bought new. The closest I ever came to a new car was the Reliant (1983?) which was a dealer demo with about 2500 miles on it… remember when that was even a thing?