Best Costco Finds 2026?
3So, we finally got a Costco membership.
What’s the best/coolest/cheapest thing you’ve found there recently?
We finally picked up a Little Giant Ladder we’ve been eyeballing for about a decade on our first run through the store for about $100 less than it was selling for on Amazon that day.
- 5 comments, 1 reply
- Comment
My parents have Costco, and we have Sam’s. I think they are complimentary. The 3 items that are permanent on the get-this-when-you-go list are: Tilapia loins, coastal cheddar, and organic strawberry preserve.
Everywhere that sells and serves tilapia uses fillets. Those are alright, but when you actually have a loin that can retain some moisture and flakes like nicer fish, it becomes a substitute and eats fancier.
The english white cheddar is 7.60 a lb, and sold roughly 2 lbs. It eats like cheese that is 4x the price.
The strawberry preserve tastes like real ripe strawberries. You will find huge chunks in it.
Obligatory buy your electronics and appliances through Costco because of the warranty. Oh, and if your state is not a liquor control state, and your Costco has spirits, those are great.
@KNmeh7 “eats fancier” lol quote of the day
I bought a Little Giant Ladder some years ago. However, I found it so heavy that I rarely use it, preferring the lighter (aluminum) extension ladders for most uses. (Also, I find it disturbingly easy to get a nasty pinch when trying to deploy/refold it.)
YMMV
Big fan of Costco, though - I make a monthly trip to stock up.
They’ve been selling little Nutella stuffed beignets and mini pan Au chocolates in the two Costcos near us lately. They’re not overly sweet and are perfect with a good cup of coffee.
I belong to all three warehouse clubs-BJ’s, Costco and Sam’s. Certain things I purchase at all three that the others don’t carry.
Became a Costco fan for life about 25 years ago when I bought a 42 inch plazma TV there for about 3k just after they came out. Worked for about 3 years and then broke. Company wanted $ 1,000 to fix it and contacted Costco not really thinking they could or would do anything. The told me they would take it back and refund all my money (when they still had basically an unlimited refund policy) and they sent a truck and men to pack it up and take it away. How could you not like that and become a fan for life.
Book cruises through them and get my hearing aids there. Am about to buy a bed from them which I estimate will solve me several thousand dollars. Like BJ’s as they have a full service deli for approx half the cost of what Publix charges and get enough delivered free from Sam’s to more than offset the Sam’s plus cost.
A little late now but over summer they were selling Harvest Right small freeze dryer setups. Don’t recall the original price but they had units on clearance at my costco until early September at $999. That’s about 40% off. I dearly want one but in our townhouse there is no place to run it (vacuum pump is noisy). This is the second or third time they had them in the store in the last few years.
If your house has toilet paper holders designed for original width TP (about 4.5") they still carry Charmin and their own brand in the wider rolls; almost everywhere else has dropped to 4 inch wide or even less.
If you prefer grass fed beef they have 1/3 pound patties, pack of 15 available. They also have good prices on larger selections of cheese snack sticks in addition to the ones mentioned above; we go through those a lot.
Their bacon is decent and fairly priced
They have been carrying “Kevin’s” brand keto friendly package that consist of sous-vide beef or chicken with various sauces (Bulgogi, basil, Hawaiian, others) and they go on special periodically. Very tasty, serve on rice or appropriate veggies.