I would have bought a set for $10 but $20 is too high for what you are getting. Just my opinion. I may put in writing and put in my lockbox where I keep Howard Hughes will and the plans for a .9999 speed of light Roomba (cleans your entire house in a few nanoseconds). However, it’s two “emergency gifts” you can set aside.
EYE Luff magnets! —just a teeny tiny heads up, these may pose a choking hazard to ants. If your countertop ants swallow one instruct the other ants to thrust the victim’s thorax against the non-serrated portion of a butter knife to initiate projectile catapulting. Should other ant tribes in the kitchenette area consider this effluvium a hostile act of ant war, contact the respective ant colony embassy in your environs. Do not confuse with the micro beads in your favorite acne face scrub. If a single bead magnet gets lodged in the eye, prop the eyelid open with a toothpick and drive the victim to the nearest electromagnet and induce staring from the 40 meter mark.
SERIOUS WARNING: These are not safe to have in the vicinity of small children. Previous iterations of similar products were recalled because of significant injuries, including death, due to swallowed magnets moving to different areas of the colon where they attach to each other through, and burn holes in, the colon walls. Nasty stuff, they don’t show up as two magnets when X-rayed, which make them difficult to identify. Please do not allow these in presence of younger aged children. https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2013/high-powered-magnet-balls
At the same time, these are a blast for older people who want to build and do creative things with these amazing magnets. (hence, the warning statements)
@GTTraveller Darwin awards aren’t easy or kind. If you feed anything a magnet more than once, that’s what happens. People can buy them again, because the original recall was stupid alarmist nonsense and “fOr teH chilDRen!!” silliness.
Magnets are perfectly safe IF YOU DO NOT EAT THEM. They are NOT BABY TOYS.
Also, don’t grind them together. Buy a stress ball or something for that. Use a plastic card to separate, and assemble them into patterns. The outer coating can flake off when you apply a lot of stress, but for fiddling, you should be fine.
@GTTraveller that recall was thrown out for lack of evidence and you can buy the actual fun ones again. Yes they are dangerous if you eat them or worse let your kids eat them. If you’re worried you can’t be responsible with something then you shouldn’t buy it.
These however are not them. These were intentionally made smaller and weaker to get around that CPSC nonsense while it was in effect and are much safer. And much less fun. Not that you should be letting your kids eat these either.