A Month of LEGO - Winter Village & 40410

Marley was dead, to begin with. There is no doubt whatever about that. The register of his burial was signed by the clergyman, the clerk, the undertaker, and the chief mourner. And there was nothing LEGO Santa or his elves could do about it.

enter image description here

And from the look of that Santa, he may have even done it.

Moving on. In 2009, the LEGO Stores offered a new series titled Winter Village. A subtheme within the Creator Expert line, each year would offer a new building for the collection. A couple of years have seen remakes of earlier sets, but for the most part they are original each year. The first set, the Winter Village Toy Shop with 815 pieces…

…made a reappearance in 2015 as the Winter Toy Shop with 898 pieces.

The general premise is the same, but there were a lot of updates including new pieces/elements, new figures, and a lighted brick.

As for the overall subtheme, there are 12 main sets.
Some of the sets are commercial building - the Bakery, Market and previously mentioned Toy Shop.

Winter Village Market

Some of the sets are municipal buildings - like the Post Office and Fire Station.

Some of the sets are connected to the transportation industry - like the Holiday Train and Station

Please note, the original Holiday train is not an official part of this collection and came out in 2006.

We also have a single Cottage in the lineup for your minifigures to sleep in.

SPOILER ALERT FOR LITTLE KIDS

Finally, some of the sets are just plain fictional - Santa’s workshop, the Elf Club House, the Gingerbread house

A perfect series to have built around your Christmas tree.

If you’re still reading, you may have noticed that I started this post off with a Dicken’s classic. Not yet released, but likely coming out next month as a gift with purchase is the set 40410.

The people that find this little snippets on LEGO.com either have way too much time on their hands or know how to code and search for changes in web pages (I am sure it is the latter). Personally, I’m looking forward to this set. I held off on buying the Elf Club House, because they typically do 1-2 gift with purchase sets at the LEGO store and I generally try to pick them up.

One last bonus if you are still with me. I collect Nutcrackers and a set I’ve always wanted is the 2017 Employee Edition Nutcracker. Someday.