19 Bucks Or Less: A Meh-rathon compilation (with all 150 Meh Button faces in a GIF)

Would you believe I missed this Meh-rathon almost in its entirety? I didn’t log on until like 8:30pm!

All around me are familiar faces.gif

19 Bucks Or Less: A Meh-rathon

Part 1

Buy this for $19 or less…

OR!

Buy a shirt from some other friggin’ deal site! See if we care! No, we’re NOT crying!

OR!

Buy some discount roller blades, only to find out they’re not roller blades, but rather a bundle including one hair roller and two blades for box cutters.

Is this under $19?

Yes.

Will its contents be worth $19 or more?

Can’t say.

Will you be happy with your purchase?

Absolutely not.

OR!

Buy a doghouse from your neighbor that’s definitely not haunted, no sir, that ghostly howling you hear coming from it, that’s just the, uh, white noise machine installed inside.

Meh Employees Remember Being 19

“I remember 19 well. It was the summer of the steam shortage, and so the lights were constantly flickering.”

• Doug Halderston, Senior Logistics Understander

OR!

Buy 19 copies of The Bridges of Madison County at your local Friends of the Library Book Sale. Trust us, they’ll have them!

OR!

Pay a magician $5 to make $14 disappear. Or $15 to make $4 disappear in a really exciting way.

“I have no memory of being 19. Because I never was. They hadn’t invented ages past 15 when I was young, so I was 15 for many years. By the time Doctor Tester presented his research, and we came to understand ages 16 through 110, I was 27.”

• Mel Crimson, Parking Lot Polisher

OR!

Buy a gallon of paint from Brad’s Watered-Down Paint Emporium.

OR!

Buy a worm with a champion bloodline with which to start your high-end bait shop.

OR!

Buy 19 extremely fancy grains of rice.

OR!

Buy a Nintendo Switch! By which we mean, a light switch panel branded by Nintendo.

OR!

Put a downpayment on a used left-foot ski.

OR!

Call someone across the world and just chat for a few minutes.

OR!

Buy an Australian knock-off comic like Thee Uhmayzang Spoidamin.

OR!

Buy tickets to a Toronto Raptors playoff game. Oh, wait…

“It was the year after my eighteenth, but before I was officially twenty.”

• Carl Dennison, Marketing Communications Decoder

OR!

Buy some artisanal gruel. They can make that stuff taste pretty good now.

OR!

Buy a single friendship bracelet. Not to celebrate a friendship, but to celebrate the concept of friendship.

OR!

Play nineteen dollar slot machines at once.

OR!

Invest in a lightly used right Birkenstock.

OR!

Buy tickets to Jeth-row Tull, the only Jethro Tull cover band that’s also a crew team.

OR!

Buy those shoes that have the individual toes. Those have to be pretty cheap now, right?

OR!

Buy one of those sidewinder skateboards the kids are always riding. Except, at this price, you probably wouldn’t find one that’ll actually turn in the middle. So it’d just be a 2-wheeled skateboard.

Is this under $19?

Yes.

Can’t say.

Absolutely not.

OR!

Get your fortune read by a fortune-teller who will tell you that you have a bright future. To which you’ll respond, “Is it so bright I’ll have to wear shades?” And they’ll say, “What?” And you’ll say, “Like the song.” And they’ll say, “I haven’t heard that one.” And you’ll say, “It’s actually about nuclear war.” And then there’ll be an awkward silence.

OR!

Buy up to twelve pine nuts.

OR!

Put a downpayment on a replacement fin for your surfboard.

OR!

Buy all the ingredients you need to recreate your favorite baked good from The Great British Bake-Off, only to realize there’s one thing you can’t find in the store: baking skills.

OR!

Buy a free-range ant farm.

“On my 19th birthday, Papa presented me with a statue built in my image. It showed all of my best features beautifully. But sadly, I had signed away the rights to my appearance to buy him a gift for his birthday, which was on the same day as mine: a new banjo. ‘But son,’ he said, holding up two fingerless hands, ‘I have sold my fingers to buy you this statue.’”

• Henry Tomlinson, Vice President of Regional Matriculation

OR!

Make your first payment on a new non-smart fitness mirror.

“It was the best of times, it was the Durst of times.”

• Clay Mathington, Director of Faucet Testing

OR!

Buy a case of pretty nice rollerball pens so you don’t have to use the cheapies anymore. This one’s not really a joke. It’s actually a good investment.

“When I was 19 the swing revival was in full… swing!”

• Helen Fay, no longer a Meh employee after being fired for making this terrible joke

OR!

Place a bet on the Sacramento Kings winning the 2022 NBA championship. It’s not likely, but it would probably pay out pretty nicely!

OR!

Buy a mysterious comb carved from the bones of a famous comb maker. (And if you’re like, ‘How would that only $19 or less?’ just remember: famous in the world of comb making is not that famous.)

OR!

Buy tickets to see Careless Sun-tan-a, the only Santana cover band that is on record as being against the wearing of sunscreen.

OR!

Buy 19 (or fewer) crisp new dollar bills!

OR!

Buy a “lightly recalled” energy supplement.

OR!

Buy a nice cast iron pan. And in this case, “cast” is being used in the theatrical sense. In that, it’s aluminum cast as iron.

OR!

Buy a charging cable for your iPhone. Just, not one made by Apple.

OR!

Buy a frozen banana. You’ll have what? Nine dollars left over?

OR!

Buy a stock (image of a) pot.

OR!

Buy tickets to see John Banh Jov-Mi, a John Bon Jovi cover band/Vietnamese sandwich food truck.

“I had to walk to high school uphill both ways when I was 19. That’s why I was still in high school despite being nearly 20. I didn’t know what the word ‘Uphill’ meant.”

• Richie Valens (but not that Richie Valens), Official Car Toucher

OR!

Invest in Litcoin, the most literary of the cryptocurrencies.

OR!

Get a room at Motel 5, the only motel chain with lower standards than the Motel 6.

OR!

Buy a para-shoes, which are shoes that are big and billowy like parachute pants.

“Life was a roller coaster back then. And actually, it still is now.”

• Lisa Tampz, Head-Rider of On-Site Roller Coaster

OR!

Buy 190 shiny pennies! What do you mean ‘check the math’? Are you telling us that asshole Bill screwed us over?! Again?!

OR!

Buy tickets to see Dryer Straits, a Dire Straits cover band that performs in rain slickers regardless of the forecast because, hey, you just never know!

OR!

Buy vittles for the whole family. What kind of vittles, you ask? That’s the thing: knowing the vittles costs extra.

OR!

Buy some replacement nerf darts.

OR!

Buy a brand new Stratacaster! Oh, that’s not a typo. We’re not talking about the guitar. The plastic fishing-like apparatus for casting strata hops into a crowd of beer bros.

OR!

Put down a downpayment on a boat! Only problem is, it’s at the bottom of Lake Michigan.

OR!

Make a charitable donation to your favorite deal site. Like us, for example. In exchange, we’ll send you some stuff. Like, this stuff, for example.

OR!

Or buy the Rubik’s Square, a 2-dimensional Rubik’s cube.

“It was the year of my discontent. Sorry. Let me enunciate. It was the year of my disk content. Couldn’t put enough stuff on disks when I was 19!”

• Tabitha Marlene, Director of the HR Department Specifically For People with Two Names

OR!

See a movie. Like City Zen Cane, about an urban walking stick that’s pretty chill.

Is this under $19?

Yes.

Can’t say.

Absolutely not.

OR!

Buy a used microwave that can only ever cook things for 6 minutes and 66 seconds. We’re sure there’s nothing weird going on there!

OR!

Get yourself a steakhouse dinner! And then get yourself a steakhouse bathroom, because if you got a whole steakhouse dinner for less than 20 bucks, you might be in rough shape after.

OR!

Buy a DifficultBake Oven. It’s like an EZBake Oven, but everything goes wrong, teaching your kids that cooking is a nightmarish undertaking.

OR!

Buy some Google Glasses, just without the smart functionality. (LOL, that would still be more than $19.)

OR!

Buy some Brooklyn Nets Conference Finals tickets! Wow, so cheap! Wonder why Bill was so eager to get rid of these?

“19?! How can I remember 19 if I’m not 19 yet? What the heck do you think I am? Geriatric?”

• Tubbins, the Dachshund that’s just kind of around all the time

OR!

Buy a mesh scarf.

OR!

Buy enough holiday wrapping paper to last a lifetime (as long as you shop out of season).

OR!

Buy a Porsche… razor… blade replacement.

OR!

Invest in beets. And we don’t mean buy some beets. We mean ‘invest’ in the stock market sense. Beets are gonna be huge. Trust us.

OR!

Buy a pair of snowshoes. But remember, keep them in the freezer or else they might melt.

OR!

See a movie. Like John Whisk, about a sous chef who’s out for revenge.

Is this under $19?

Yes.

Can’t say.

Absolutely not.

OR!

Buy a seatless, pedal-less unicycle. What do you mean that’s just a tire? Are you saying Bill sold us another lemon?!

“I was working at the sandpaper factory back then, trying to save up some money to go to school. The year started rough, but ended up pretty smooth.”

• Glenda Ketzsimmons, Door Knob Technician

OR!

Subscribe to one month of HBO Max. Then watch nothing but Forensic Files on Netflix until the last day of the month, at which point you try and binge all of the prestige shows in 24 hours.

OR!

Buy tickets to see Big Little Lies That Might Be Giants, the only band that does episode recaps of Big Little Lies in the style of They Might Be Giants songs.

“When I was 19, you could get a Cornish Game Hen cooked by a renowned chef for a dime. These days, it’s all just Cornish hens. Nobody plays the game anymore.”

• We honestly don’t even know who this guy is or if he even works here

OR!

Buy a used coffee maker. Don’t worry about the fact that the water comes out brown even if you don’t put any grounds in. Coffee machines are like cast iron pans. That’s just ‘seasoning.’ It adds flavor.

OR!

Sponsor a torpedo that’s lost at sea.

OR!

Buy tickets to see Rushed Rush, the only Rush cover band that can play the entirety of the Rush catalog in less than twenty-five minutes.

“It was that year that I walked those many steps up to the clocktower and met the strange decrepit man that granted my one wish: beauty. I’ll never forget that day.”

• Todd Brattly, Senior Sexyman

OR!

Buy a firm cover book: one that’s not hardcover and not softcover, but somewhere right in the middle, with a price to match.

OR!

See a movie. Like Tar Wars, about the cutthroat vicious substances industry.

“Twas a beautiful year. Father pointed to a map and he said, ‘Ye shall be going there! The New World!’ And just ten months later, our boat landed on these bright shores!”

• Lark Helleron, Ghost That Haunts The Second Floor Men’s Room

OR!

See a movie. Like Lethal Weepin’, the buddy cop film about one by-the-books officer, and another who’s Southern and always crying.

OR!

Buy replacement tappers for your tap-dancing shoes.

Is this under $19?

Yes.

Can’t say.

Absolutely not.

To be continued